This design has undergone two iterations of physical verification. Except for the OTP function that is not open to the outside world, the other functions of the TUSB8041 are fully realized. Its functions include: Implemented USB 3.0 hub function, backward compatible with USB 2.0 link Implement four USB-A female downstream ports and one USB-B female upstream port to transmit data at a maximum spee...
Awesome Raspberry Pi
The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries. Official Link: Raspberry Pi Homepage
This list is a collection of tools, projects, images and resources conforming to the Awesome Manifesto
Contributions very welcome but first see Contributing
The complete collection of (consumer) Raspberry Pi models consist of:
- Raspberry Pi 1, Model A & Model B (2012, discontinued)
- Raspberry Pi 1, Model B+ (July, 2014)
- Raspberry Pi 1, Model A+ (November, 2014)
- Raspberry Pi 2, Model B (February, 2015)
- Raspberry Pi Zero (November, 2015)
- Raspberry Pi 3, Model B (March, 2016)
- Raspberry Pi Zero W (February, 2017)
- Raspberry Pi 3, Model B+ (March, 2018)
- Raspberry Pi 3, Model A+ (November, 2018)
- Raspberry Pi 4, Model B (June, 2019)
- Alpine Linux - Security-oriented, lightweight Linux distribution based on musl libc and busybox.
- Android Things - Build connected devices for a wide variety of consumer, retail, and industrial applications.
- Arch Linux ARM - Lightweight and flexible Linux distribution that tries to Keep It Simple.
- balenaOS - open source OS to run Docker containers on embedded devices that's been designed for reliability and proven in production.
- BerryBoot - Bootloader/universal OS installer, with support to VNC and HDMI-CEC.
- CentOS - CentOS on the Raspberry Pi.
- chilipie-kiosk - Image which boots directly into full-screen Chrome, perfect for dashboards and build monitors.
- DietPi - Minimal image designed to fit on a 2GB SD card, with tons of configurable settings and scripts.
- DroneBridge - A WifiBroadcast extension to make for a real alternative to DJI Lightbridge and other similar systems.
- EZ-WifiBroadcast - Affordable Wireless Digital HD Video Transmission made easy.
- FabScanPi - FabScanPi is an open source 3D laser scanner using the Raspberry Pi Camera Module.
- Fedora - Linux Fedora distribution built for the Pi.
- FreeBSD - FreeBSD is an advanced computer operating system used to power modern servers, desktops, and embedded platforms.
- Gentoo - Gentoo Stage 3 tarball for Raspberry Pi.
- Gladys Assistant - Gladys, a privacy-first, open-source home assistant.
- Hass.io - Home automation operating system/application for embedded device, also available standalone.
- HypriotOS - Minimal Debian-based operating system, optimized to run Docker.
- Kali Linux - Penetration Testing & Ethical Hacking Linux distro for ARM devices.
- Kano OS - Open-source OS for exploration, creation, and play – free for Raspberry Pi and the new Pi 3.
- Lakka - Retro-gaming on the Raspberry Pi built entirely on RetroArch.
- LibreELEC - Just enough OS for Kodi
- Manjaro - Friendly, open-source Linux distribution for Raspberry Pi.
- Minibian - Minimal Raspbian (lighter than Jessie Lite).
- MoodleBox - The MoodleBox provides a Moodle learning management system on Raspberry Pi.
- motionEyeOS - Linux distribution that turns a single-board computer into a video surveillance system.
- NetBSD - NetBSD is a free, fast, secure, and highly portable Unix-like Open Source operating system.
- NextCloudPi - Nextcloud ready image based on Raspbian. Features Nextcloud 11 running on Raspbian 8, with PHP 7 and HTTP2 enabled Apache server.
- NOOBS - New Out Of the Box Software, an easy OS installer for beginners.
- OctoPi - Distribution for 3d printers.
- OpenELEC - Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center, a very lightweight Kodi build.
- OpenHABian - A preconfigured version of the OpenHAB home automation software.
- OpenMediaVault - OpenMediaVault is the next generation network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux containing services like SSH, (S)FTP, SMB/CIFS, DAAP media server, RSync, BitTorrent client and many more.
- OpenWRT - OpenWrt is described as a Linux distribution for embedded devices for network management.
- OSMC - Open Source Media Centre, based on Kodi.
- PiDeck - Small form factor DVS system allowing you to control digital music files with timecode vinyl.
- PiNet - System to manage Raspberry Pi classrooms.
- PirateBox - Anonymous offline mobile file-sharing and communications system.
- Raspbian - The official supported Raspberry Pi OS, based on Debian and available as a lite version.
- RasPlex - Plex client for the Raspberry Pi.
- Recalbox - Drag & drop light-weight retro-gaming and media center on the Raspberry Pi.
- RetroPie - Retro-gaming on the Raspberry Pi.
- Risc OS - Non-Linux OS originated from the group that developed the ARM microprocessor.
- Rocket Show - Play synced backing tracks, videos and DMX light-sequences live on stage.
- RuneAudio - Free and open source OS that turns embedded hardware into Hi-Fi music players.
- SamplerBox - Drop'n'play sampler: drop .WAV samples on the SD card, and play!
- SARPi - Stands for the Slackware ARM on Raspberry Pi.
- Snappy Ubuntu Core - Official (minimal) Ubuntu distribution for IoT.
- TrueOS - FreeBSD-based thin client solution.
- Ubuntu MATE - Ubuntu distribution for the Raspberry Pi based on MATE desktop.
- Ubuntu Server - Ubuntu Server distribution for the Raspberry Pi.
- Volumio - Headless audiophile music player, designed to play music with the highest possible fidelity.
- Windows 10 IoT Core - Windows 10 distribution for IoT.
- Alpha - Remotely load, debug and test bare-metal programs using GDB with this system-level GDB server.
- ApplePi Bakery - macOS application to easily install/backup/restore images onto an SD card.
- CusDeb - Web UI for creating custom images with specific packages installed.
- balenaEtcher - SD card burner app that is simple for end users, extensible for developers, and works on any platform.
- HealthyPi - HAT which includes vital health monitoring like ECG, respiration, pulse oximetry and optional blood pressure & body temperature sensing.
- iotwifi - Wifi AP + Client management in 8MB Docker Container, with REST API for controlling wifi client and station modes simultaneously.
- Network Presence Detector - Setup a Pi Zero to scan for devices on a WiFi network and use that to determine who is "home".
- OpenVPN-Setup - Shell script to set up Raspberry Pi as an OpenVPN server.
- Orangetool - Control functions for Single-Board computers in Python.
- P4wnP1 - P4wnP1 is a highly customizable USB attack platform, based on a low cost Raspberry Pi Zero or Raspberry Pi Zero W (required for HID backdoor).
- pi-gen - Tool used to create the raspberrypi.org Raspbian images. This can be used to create your own custom images with specific packages installed, etc.
- PiBakery - The blocks based, easy to use setup tool for Raspberry Pi.
- Pieman - Script for creating custom images based on Raspbian, Devuan, Ubuntu and Alpine Linux.
- PiShrink - Bash script that automatically shrinks a pi image that will then resize to the max size of the SD card on boot.
- PoisonTap - Exploits locked/password protected computers over USB, drops persistent WebSocket-based backdoor, exposes internal router, and siphons cookies using Raspberry Pi Zero & Node.js.
- Processing - Processing Development Environment running on Raspberry Pi.
- Pwnagotchi - Pwnagotchi is an AI based Wi-Fi cracking tool that learns from its surrounding WiFi environment to maximize the crackable WPA key material it captures.
- RaspAP-webgui - A simple, responsive web interface to control wifi, hostapd and related services on the Raspberry Pi.
- Raspbian QEMU with network - Simple tool to launch QEMU on Raspbian with the required modifications on the system and kernel. Automatic network access. Handy to create images in your PC.
- Resin Bridge - Simple application/repo to bridge a Raspberry Pi's wlan0 interface to devices plugged into it over ethernet (eth0).
- TorTiPi - Shell script to automate the task of converting Raspberry Pi into a tor based wifi hotspot.
- WiFi config generator - Simple tool to generate wpa_supplicant.conf files with wifi settings
- 40-node Raspberry Pi Cluster - Cluster aimed to be under the size of full tower desktop.
- BeeMonitor - Honey beehive monitoring project.
- Bitcoin Tracker - A Physical Dashboard that displays Bitcoin stats in real time.
- Building a Ceph Cluster on Raspberry Pi - Highly redundant and low power usage RADOS home storage solution.
- Building Timelapse with Resin - Remotely deploying timelapse camera using Docker, Resin, and 3G internet.
- Chromebook Charger Kiosk - Timed charging station for students using Chromebooks at school.
- Ceil - Auto-provisioned RPi cluster running K8S on bare-metal.
- Circle - A C++ bare metal environment for Raspberry Pi.
- clockOS - simple smart desktop clock using a Raspberry Pi display.
- DIY USB Rubber Ducky - Raspberry Pi Zero Rubber Ducky recognized as a USB HID by just about anything with a USB port, thus allowing you to run custom scripts as if it were a keyboard.
- docsis-cable-load-monitor - Tool to monitor downstream load on DOCSIS cable networks.
- FistBump BLE Edition - WPA Hash Grabbing Bluetooth Peripheral / Android App.
- FruitNanny - Baby monitor including custom case, server, and client source code.
- Garage Door Opener - Garage door opener using the Garage Opener app to control garage door.
- Gaussmeter - Project utilizing a Raspberry Pi Zero W, WS2812B Leds and the Tesla API to collect and display a Tesla's status.
- Harry Potter and the real life Daily Prophet - Display mimicking the Daily Prophet from Harry Potter using a 7" Raspberry Pi display.
- Hearing aid prototoype - A Raspberry Pi powered prototype of a hearing aid.
- Jasper - Flexible open source personal assistant.
- Kubernetes on ARM - Get your ARM device up and running Kubernetes in less than ten minutes.
- Lightberry - Led lighting solution dedicated for raspberry pi and your TV.
- Looper/synth/drum thing - Sequencer/Drumpad, like Native Instruments' Maschine for the Pi.
- Lumos - Smart Lamp for Better Sleep.
- Magic Mirror - The original open source modular smart mirror platform.
- Mini OONTZ - 3D printed mini MIDI controller.
- Movel - Raspberry Pi car computer.
- Multi-Datacenter Cassandra on 32 Raspberry Pi’s - Showcase for the always on, fault tolerant nature of Cassandra using a Raspberry Pi cluster board.
- NALIVATOR-9000 - Robot bartender for making cocktails with Telegram-bot interface and speech synthesis on Golang.
- Nerves Project - Craft and deploy bulletproof embedded software in Elixir.
- NTP driven Nixie Clock - Nixie Tube Clock powered by a Raspberry Pi.
- Occu-Pi - Controller software for the Occu-pi, a totally awesome bathroom door sensor.
- Pi Image Capturer - Captures images, integrated with the Google IOT Cloud Platform ecosystem.
- pi_payments - Payment module based on RFID.
- Pi-hole - Black hole for internet ads.
- pi-timolo - Remote Headless multi feature PiCamera Operation from Rclone Remote Storage Service and More.
- Pi4j Project - Java I/O library the Raspberry Pi.
- PiAware - Live flight tracking using a Raspberry Pi.
- PiClock - Fancy Clock built around a monitor and a Raspberry Pi.
- PiE-Ink - E-ink nametag display running on a Pi Zero.
- PiFanTuner - CPU-fan-tuner daemon, just enables your fan as necessary.
- PiFmRds - FM-RDS transmitter using a Raspberry Pi.
- PiScan - Makeshift Amazon Dash orders using a Raspberry PI + EAN scanner.
- Planning lunch with a Slackbot on resin.io - Node.js Slackbot (lunchbot), hosted on Resin.
- Power Sniffing Strip - Enclosure in a power strip, sniffing network data.
- Project MyHouse - Smart Doll House with Gesture Recognition, using Raspberry Pi 3 or Pi Zero and PSMove motion controller.
- Raspberry Pi Erlang Cluster - Erlang cluster on a Raspberry Pi 2.
- Raspberry PI Hadoop Cluster - Big Data cluster running on the Raspberry Pi.
- RaspiBlitz - Fastest and cheapest way to get your own Lightning Node running.
- RaspiBolt - Beginner’s Guide to ️⚡Lightning️⚡ on a Raspberry Pi.
- RPi Motor Library - Python 3 library to connect various motors & servos to the Pi.
- RPI tempmon - CPU GPU temperature monitor with various functions such as LED GPIO, Graph output, email, alarm limit, notifications and logging.
- SecPi - Raspberry Pi based home alarm system.
- Skate-o-Meter - Skateboard odometer and speedometer with RFID user system.
- SkyJack - Take over and allow full control over any Parrot AR Drone within wireless distance.
- Smart Mirror - Voice controlled smart mirror with IoT integration.
- Smart Security Camera - Using OpenCV, Twilio and a WebCam/picam.
- Sonic Pi - The Live Coding Music Synth for Everyone.
- Sonus - Node.js voice control for your Pi (and everything else) with customizable offline hotword detection.
- speed-camera - Object Motion Tracking uses python, openCV, USB Cam or picamera module to record speed data.
- Stratux - Open source ADS-B receiver which feeds weather, traffic, GPS, and AHRS data to electronic flight bag software via wifi.
- StreamPi - A robust alternative to the Elgato Stream Deck, that can launch apps, scripts, websites and control applications like OBS.
- TeslaCam - Project utilizing a Raspberry Pi Zero W for USB Mass storage emulation and a PiJuice to collect and archive TeslaCam video.
- Vinyl Shelf Finder - Uses a tilt & pan laser to find a record in a record collection.
- Voice Kit - AIY Voice Kit from Google, to build a standalone voice recognition system using the Google Assistant, or add voice recognition and natural language processing to your Raspberry Pi-based projects.
- Waves - Transforming the transience of the spoken word into something concrete and physical through a microphone, waveform and thermal printer.
- Whispering Mirror - Interactive soundart installation using the Hifiberry DAC.
- Wordpress using Docker - Run a Wordpress site in containers with dynamic DNS.
- Zelda Home Automation - Home automation based on sound recognition from notes played on an ocarina.
- AndFTP - Alternative FTP client app. Android
- Home Remote Control - Control mouse/keyboard, volume, manage download/upload files, custom commands, terminal, execute tasks in future, control media. Android
- Kore Remote - Official remote to control Kodi. Android
- RasPi Check - To check Pi stats - frequency, temperature, volts and more system information (free memory, runtime, disk status). You can also restart or halt your Raspberry Pi and send custom commands. Android
- Raspicast - Cast YouTube videos, media content from your android device, Play local media files, Play streams from playlists (m3u, pls) on your Raspberry Pi. Android
- Screen Stream Mirroring - To stream your phone screen directly to Pi. Android
- Termius - One of the cleanest SSH Client for Pi. Android, iOS
- Tubio - Cast web videos directly to Pi. Android
- Turbo FTP - A good FTP client app for accessing files on raspberry. Android
- VNC Viewer - To remotely control Raspberry Pi desktop. Android
- 10 Ways To Power - Information about different & correct ways to power the pi.
- Raspberry Pi A to Z List - Comprehensive list with links to common questions & pitfalls.
- Raspberry Pi and why do I need one? - Intro into the Raspberry Pi and what can be done with it.
- Raspberry Pi Beginners - Guide to setup the Raspberry Pi for beginners.
- The Ultimate Raspberry Pi Security Guide - Extensive guide on security best practices for the Pi ie. exposed to the internet.
- Auto Mount USB - Guide to setup Auto Mount USB on Raspberry Pi.
- Bridging Wifi to the Raspberry Pi over Ethernet - Set up tethered networking between macOS & Raspberry Pi.
- Build a $35 Time Capsule - Time Machine Backup Server.
- Controlling Spotify with Slack and a Raspberry Pi - Node.js project to control Spotify & Slack with libspotify.
- DC++ Hub - Guide to setup an ADC (DC++) Hub on Raspberry Pi.
- DIY Neural Network - Uses image recognition and Google’s Inception to recognize specific objects.
- Docker Swarm with LetsEncrypt - Clear guidelines on how to set up a cluster with Docker, distributing services with Docker Compose and signing valid SSL certs with Letsencrypt.
- How To Make a Raspberry Pi Turn on a Lamp with iBeacon™ Technology - Good beginners-guide to working with Beacon technology.
- How to setup a secure VPN server on Raspberry Pi or DigitalOcean - Simple, secure and detailed guide to setup VPN on your Raspberry Pi.
- Moonlight - Nvidia GameStream implementation to stream your full collection of Steam games from desktop to the Raspberry Pi.
- Raspbereum - Run your own Ethereum node on a Raspberry Pi.
- Raspberry Pi Game Console - How to Build a Raspberry Pi Retro Game Console for $35.
- Raspberry Pi login with SSH keys - Password-less login for ssh sessions on the Raspberry Pi.
- Raspberry Pi Media Server Guides - Media Server and NAS tutorials from HTPC Guides.
- Raspberry Pi Zero: Programming over USB - Guide to boot and access a Raspberry Pi Zero over a USB cable without need of an ethernet/wifi connection, keyboard or screen.
- Turn a Raspberry Pi into a Plex Media Server - Beginners guide to setting up a Plex media server to stream all of your media content.
- Turn the Raspberry Pi Zero into a mini dongle computer - Setup a pi0 to be able to ssh & vnc over USB.
- Use a Raspberry Pi with multiple WiFi networks - Tutorial on using a Raspberry Pi with multiple networks.
- BuildSwiftOnARM - All you need to build Swift on a RaspberryPi or other ARM boards, updated to Swift 4.1.3.
- Compile Swift for Raspberry Pi by Xcode - Quick tutorial to share the way to help setup compiling Raspberry Pi code with Xcode.
- Setup Swift environment on Raspbian - Quick guide to help setup Swift environment on Raspbian Strech (lite).
- SwiftyGPIO - Swift library for hardware projects on Linux/ARM boards with support for GPIOs/SPI/I2C/PWM/UART/1Wire.
- Swish - Build Swift Projects on a remote machine within Xcode.
Raspberry Pion YouTube
- eLinux Hub
- MAKE on Youtube
- Novaspirittech on YouTube
- Official Blog
- Official Forum
- Raspberry Pi Jam — Official conferences
- Reddit Projects
Contribution guidelines can be found here